[RC] Retracing Our Steps At Tevis - Kevin Myers

Far and I took on the ultimate challenge of Tevis two weeks ago and I daresay we are both stronger beings as a result of it. When Merri Melde was pondering whether or not to ride Tevis, she quoted a sage piece of advice from Julie Suhr: “How will you know how far you can go until you have gone too far?”

There may only be a few trails on earth more beautiful and more liberating than the Western States Trail. The scale of the geographical, physical and emotional journey is quite profound. Words can hardly do justice to an experience of feeling so alive, but some of the images in my short recount of Far and I finding our way to the Auburn Fairgrounds this year might inspire you to head to the start line in Robie Park in 2010.

Far is enjoying a well-deserved rest and I’m looking for the next great challenge.

Kevin