From: michelle.antoinette@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:24:17 -0400
Subject: [RC] Boots for "Emergencies"
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have continually put off buying boots for multiple reasons.  I had a couple easyboots that I ordered shortly after I bought my horse, but I hadn't even measured, and was afraid to even try them on, from what I had heard about how hard they can be to put on and take off.  I know there are plenty of people who use easyboots, but my ideal is to have a boot that goes on pretty easily.  But then I'd also like them to come off without too much of a fight, and am wondering if this is even possible, haha.  My horse has very squarish feet, her length is only 4-10 mm longer than her width, which don't seem to go along with the easyboot gloves.  I really liked the idea of the gloves, because they seemed really form-fitting and stable, but am not sure how they would do as emergency boots (as opposed to regularly-used boots), because if my horse loses a shoe, her foot will likely not be nicely smooth around and ready to fit into a glove.  I am also worried about fit, because don't feet change their dimensions as they are either worn or not worn, as time passes?  Anyway, I want to get some boots to keep in my pack for if my horse loses a shoe, but I just can't seem to make a decision, and I also wish there were people around selling boots in person so I could try them on or at least go someplace where someone actually knows how to measure the feet, lol.  Since my horse keeps four shoes, it will be hard to actually try any boots on until the off-season, unless I try them on after my farrier trims her feet but before he nails the new shoes on =P  Is there any simple, easy solution?  ha ha.

-Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. Try it now.