[RC] Tevis over with... now for the Quilty! - Jay Randle

Hi All

It was really exciting to follow the webcast of the Tevis, and congratulations to all who completed... especially to Duncan McLaughlin and Anton Reid (fellow Aussies).

Now that the Tevis has been run and won for 2009, who would be interested in competing in the 2009 Tom Quilty Gold Cup?  I am taking 9 horses at this stage, and I'm 'full-up' with riders, however I have just been told that there are a couple of other qualified, experienced horses available for lease if anyone is interested.

These are horses that have previously completed one or more 100 mile rides, and are good, solid horses able to complete the Quilty.

Included in the lease would be:

Pick up from, and return to, Melbourne Airport
All accommodation from 14 - 20 September
Some meals
All transportation to and from ride base
A fun camping environment throughout the ride
A qualified and experienced horse

The lease fee is AUD $3000, which includes preparation, shoeing, transportation of the horse from their home base to the ride, and all of the above.

You must provide:

Your proof of a previous 100 mile completion (minimum requirement to enter the Quilty).
The Nomination Fees (AUD $360 entry fee + $16.50 Vet levy + $50 camping fee + $25 International Rider insurance fee)  $451.50.
Airfare into and out of Melbourne, Australia, to arrive on or before 14 September, departing after 21 September.

If you are interested in this proposal, please let me know and I will forward your details to the person offering this lease.  You will then deal directly with them, and I will see you at the Quilty!!!

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

Sell your car fast. Need a new model in your life?