[RC] Renegade boots at Tevis 2009 - Dream Weaver

Congratulations to Linda
Morelli and her horse Leaf.  They finished in 20th
place wearing 4 Renegade boots I believe.
Melody

Linda was the only rider on a barefoot horse in the ride wearing hoof boots that weren't glued on.    And of course, once hoof protection is added the horse is no longer barefoot - yet there is significance in that the horse is kept "unshod" year around and the strap on boots are only added for actual events, like the Tevis.

When we went to breakfast on Sunday morning we were happy to see on the front page a nice photo of Linda and Leaf trotting down the trail!  She used the same four boots throughout the ride and had no trouble with them.  When we went through the barns on Sunday morning looking at the horses I stopped to look at Leaf and he looked really good - I checked over his pasterns and heels closely and you'd never have known he did anything, which is great!  I was really happy for them that the boots worked so well for them.

If anybody has any photos to share from Tevis please send to me and we'll Twitter the links through the Tevis News account.

This morning we have two new videos added - the trot-outs of the 1st and 2nd place horses showing for the Haggin Cup.  Links can be found here:  http://twitter.com/tevisnews  Lots more will be added!

Karen