[RC] Tevis - normanjudyv

I love Barbara Whites comment about riding the Tevis. Don,t understand why anyone would complain about it then come back every year for more. If you can,t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen!!!!! OR if you can,t say something nice, don,t say anything.

I thought it might be nice if some of the older & or retired 100 mile riders would share one piece of valuable advice for new riders I,ll start with, it made a huge difference to my comfort when I figured out to stay as completely in the middle of the horse as possible, by that I mean, make sure your saddle is balanced on both sides, the girth is tighten equally on both sides, the saddle pad is in the middle, the stirups are exactly the same length. For me if any of those things were uneven, my knees would hurt like hell. If somethings hurts alot, stop and try to fix it. Judy