[RC] 2009 Tevis Webcast - Karen

How to follow the 2009 Tevis Webcast .

or:

There are a few ways to tune in and check out what is going on.  First of all, bookmark this link:

http://www.teviscup.org/webcast/main.html From that link you can access the entire webcast.

Here are the steps you?ll take to track down your rider:

1)  Open up the start list:  http://www.teviscup.org/webcast/rp.htm This will be posted on Saturday morning after the riders start. (find your riders #)

2)  Go to ?Where?s My Rider?: http://www.teviscup.org/webcast/riderquery.html and type in the rider number.

3)  To fill the time while you are waiting for rider updates, check out the photos:  http://www.teviscup.org/webcast/2009photos.html New photos will be added plus there are links to trail photos from this year.

4)  Also check out the Western States Trail Tevis Cup 100 Mile Trail in Google Earth. (this is coming soon and should be up in a day or two)  http://www.teviscup.org/webcast/flyover.htm

5)  Bookmark the Tevis News Twitter page:  http://twitter.com/tevisnews This feed will also be at the bottom of the webcast pages.

6)  Bookmark the Endurance.net page for this years Tevis:  http://www.endurance.net/international/USA/2009Tevis/

Once the event starts, please be patient while waiting for news.  It takes awhile for information to get relayed and then entered, checked and posted to the website.  Once things get rolling updates should come pretty regularly.

There will be times during the event that we may be able to respond to email requests.  That?s not a guarantee, but we will do the best we can. There will be links at the bottom of the webcast pages that you can click on to send an email to mission control.  Save my email from the links below.  Be patient, as we may not be able to answer right away.

If you are watching a rider and would like us to try and get photos of them and their horse it?s best to let us know ahead of time.  Email me with your requests and I?ll make a list for our webcast photo volunteers.  We will do our best to get photos and info on as many riders as we can.

We?ve got a great group of volunteers again this year working on the webcast.  I?ll get more information about the total number of volunteers for the entire ride and post more about that next week.  For the photo part of the webcast it?s the same group of people that were involved in ?06 and ?07 - myself, Merri Melde, Becky Hackworth and Julienne Rha.  Logan Browne has replaced Jackie Floyd at mission control and will be handling the database portion of the webcast (that?s the part that enables you to look up where the riders are).

If you are going to be attending the event this year and would like to share your photos with us for the webcast, please contact me.   We?ll be able to copy or transfer over the photos quickly at several of the vetchecks.  Also ­ if there are any technology types that would be available Saturday afternoon at Foresthill we could also use some help processing photos.

Karen