Re: [RC] Pallets - Becky H

My cheap solution would be to get a free full sized pallet (they are out there) and use my sawsall to cut it to the size I needed.  But that's just me.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Pallets

If you want a raised vented floor it is probably just as easy to custom make the floor.  We're not talking fine carpentry here.

2 x 4's laid on their side, about 16-24" apart with 1 x 4's at right angles would do it.  If you want to be sure that you can remove them to use the stall for horses, just make sure that you make it in say 2 pieces that fit together and easily come up and fit through the door.   Probably no need to tie things together on the bottom like shipping pallets.  You will not be using a fork lift, and the 2x4's are not on end.

They could either be nailed together or screwed with 1 1/2" dry wall screws.

Another possibility, there are companies that make duck boards out of plastic that snap together to make a raised dry floor for shower rooms and industry.  Sorry I don't have a web site etc.  I haven't purchased in 20 years.  At that time they were available in about 1' squares.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875