[RC] Western Maine Ride - Massage for Horses/Humans! - Sharon Levasseur

Hi all,

I'm going to the Western Maine ride next week, and my massage therapist wants to go so she can give massages! (I'm sure the boating, swimming, BBQing, and ice cream have NOTHING to do with her decision.) I've been trying to get in touch with Tom to confirm that he doesn't already have someone else coming... but as you can imagine, he's probably knee-deep in ride prep. I'm trying to avoid harassing him. ;-)

So unless I hear otherwise from Tom, Cathy Hatch will be there Thursday July 30 to Saturday August 1, doing hot stone table massages for people, as well as equine massages. Prices will probably be in the usual $1 per minute range.

Cathy is a licensed massage therapist, is certified through the National Certification Board for Massage Therapy & Bodywork, is a Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, and a a certified Reiki practitioner. She doesn't have any official certifications in equine massage but is familiar with equine musclulature and is comfortable around equines.

This will be her first endurance ride, and she's nervous about going all that way if she doesn't know for sure that there will be interest. So she would love to hear back from anyone who thinks they will be interested! You can make an appointment in advance, or sign up on a waiting list when you arrive. Cathy can be reached at 207-974-7618 or nekoashi06 @ msn . com (remove spaces).

I'm not sure yet where she'll be set up; for privacy reasons I'll probably try to set her up in one of the horse stalls, either near either the food or the registration area. If not there, then under a pop-up canopy. I'll try to put up a neon-colored posterboard sign. If requested, she can also be available at the holds for equine or human massages.

-Sharon L. in Maine