[RC] Fwd: [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6432 awards - Chipnml

--- Begin Message ---
There is also UMECRA (Upper Midwest Endurance & Competitive Rides Association) and MnDRA (Minnesota Distance Riders Association).  I know both organizations have started giving versatility awards since our rides combine Endurance, LD, and CTR, plus several rides in Wisconsin have started Distance Driving also.  We also have awards for the oldest horses competing.  I have considered sponsoring a Turtle Award, with the rider who comes in last at the most rides in Minnesota getting something...and it would be something really nice, since I would probably win it!  I was also thinking of starting the "Cheers" Award (named after my own horse, because his other name..."Devil's Spawn" might not work), which would be the opposite of the Pardners Award.  The person who puts up with the worst, most difficult, pain-in-the-butt horse gets a prize.  People will have to submit testimonials from vets and fellow riders, and the rider must have dealt with the horse for at least 5 years :-P.

Chip

--- End Message ---