Re: [RC] Strangles in SE region - Elizabeth Walker

I used to vaccinate for Strangles, as it seems we get an outbreak in our neighborhood every few years (lots of boarding facilities, etc.).  My vet always used to recommend the vaccine, until the last outbreak - which was at a facility where they had just vaccinated the majority of horses.   Well - the majority of horses got it, and it didn't seem to consistently decrease the symptoms.  The next time I went to them for vaccinations, they were no longer recommending vaccination for Strangles.