From: Angie Fura <tracetribute@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] Strangles in SE region
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 11:29 AM

Angie - I rode with Cade and Josie at Skymont so I called my vet.  I learned something that I thought I should pass on to everyone.  Even though my horse Sabre is vaccinated for Strangles, he could have brought the virus home with him and infected other unvaccinated horses.   I have a new horse and I am checking right now to see if he had the vaccine.  Fortunately, he has not shown any symptoms.

BTW - thanks for sharing this info.

Angie Fura
www.tracetribute.com