[RC] experience with Boz saddle - Cindy Stafford

This is in response to the person asking about experiences with a  Boz saddle...

I bougth one for my horse with a wide back.  When i first got it, it didn't fit my horse right, dry spots under the saddle.  I called Boz about if I should adjust the pads to make it fit better.  Like others who've commented, it wasn't a pleasant conversation...but I will keep my comments to the saddle itself.  Despite Boz's comment that I should not adjust the pads, I did, and it fit my horse better.

I personally do not find it as comfortable as my wintec, but the wintec does not fit my horse right.  I ride english, so to me the boz saddle does not keep me centered, i feel pitched back with my legs in front of me.  I am 5'-4", so may be another short person that is not comfortable in the saddle.  The seat also feels very hard in comparison to teh wintec.  Wintec has its faults too, but I've always found it very comfortable.

I have a new horse, and the boz tends to slide up over her withers, so may need to adjust the pads again.  Haven't experimented with it yet.

I have several endurance buddies who have Boz saddles, some have sold them recently to purchase a new saddle that has just been developed that has a more flexible tree.  I don't want this to come off as a commercial, but if anyone wants more info, i would be happy to share  if you e-mail me privately (one buddy has since won multiple rides and BC's using the new saddle).  There isn't a website yet for the company, too new.  Their endurance saddle is still in development but a training saddle has been out for a couple of years.

Cindy
cjstaf at msn dot com