[RC] snake sticks - J Jewell

I have a horse who spooks at anything that looks like a snake. Ropes
on the ground, garden hoses, sticks, and even those dark lines in the
soil that are made across trails from ants marching back and forth. He
had a bad experiance with a rope before I got him for part of his
issue, and the breeder said they had a lot of copperheads and
rattlesnakes on the property, so my guess is that his mom made sure he
was careful as a foal. BUT, here is what ai noticed. During snake
season, *I* am more wary of possible snakes, and find that *I* am
looking for them more, and in turn, HE spooks more at things that look
like a possible snake on the trail. So, I figured out he is picking up
my fears. Now most of us have seen horses pick up on our emotions
etc., but here is the funny part. Hubby was riding him one day, and we
were trotting along, and I saw a stick up ahead, but thought it was a
snake. Just as I had that quick thought, my horse spooked with the
hubby. But he had not even seen the stick. My horse does not even need
me ON him to pick up my snake fears. lol

Jonni in Texas, where we have Copperheads (slow, lazy, and mean)
Cottonmouths (who swim in the ponds and are also mean) and some
Rattlesnakes. Not to mention all the harmless snakes that just startle
us!