[RC] God Bless America - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Just wanted to take a few moments - that's all I have - have to
relinquish computer soon - to wish everyone a very special Happy 4th
of July.  As I have sat around watching all of these old veterans
today.  It reminds me how absolutely fortunate we are to have the
freedom that we so well enjoy in this nation.  As I see them enjoying
the splendors of a simple BBQ put on by a number of volunteers.  I
can't help reflect how time seems to have passed them by. Making me
sad what they must think sometimes.  If we have forgotten them.  In an
effort to insure that does not happen.  As you sit around your homes,
BBQ's with neighbors, etc., take a moment to reflect how all of these
timeless soldiers fought so hard for our freedom.  With a little nod
and a quiet thank you - you never know what you put out to the
universe and how it is returned.

I was amazed to be sitting with an old soldier (96) to learn he was
one of Patton's soldiers that brought back the Arabians horses.
Listening to him filled my heart with so much joy and happiness.
Knowing, the efforts of this wonderful man and his fellow soldiers,
gave me so many years of joy with Tio Diego, grandson to Witez II.  I
hugged him.  He smiled and said, "my dear lady never forget us!"  I
will never forget and I hope you do not as well!

God Bless America.  May all of you have a wonderful day.  Don't forget
the importance that our equine community had in helping to preserve
and protect our country as well.

Love to all,

D'Arcy

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity:
but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their
dream with open eyes, to make it possible."  -  T.S. Lawrence