Re: [RC] Racking horses for endurance? - Barbara McCrary

One of our daughters' first horse was a Standardbred...tall, leggy yet substantial, slightly large-headed with good-sized ears.  He was very fast at the trot and did well on endurance rides.  We had no proof he was Stdbd, but every trait indicated he was.  I'd love to have another like him in the family.  And of course, several Stdbd/Arab crosses have done endurance quite well.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Racking horses for endurance?

These horses are essentially Standardbreds crossed with racking horse stock. I just started an off the track Standardbred for endurance and he is looking quite promising. He has good recoveries, is sensible, big, long strided and very easy to get along with. He also has a nice trot, rack and pace, which allows for alternating gaits to suit the horse's comfort. I highly recommend Standardbreds! He is only four, so we'll be doing our first LD very soon.
Patricia
www.racknaboutstable.com
Rocky Mountain Horses
Kentucky Mountain Horses