[RC] Boots - Alexa Olney

Okay if you want to shoe your horse shoe your horse, if you want to go barefoot
with your horse go barefoot.  To each his own.  I am a recent shoes to barefoot
convert.  We have to have hoof protection of some sort for riding even at home
our terrain is very, very rocky and hard.  We have been using the Renegade
boots and they are great.  Easy to put on, take off, and adjust if needed.
There is good customer support they don't mind answering my stupid questions.
My father, a farrier of 25+ yrs, has been pushing us to go barefoot for years
but we weren't going for it.  The boots were so hard to deal with.  We were
forced to make the decision about a month and a half ago when my dad broke his
ankle and had to have a plate and 5 screws.  We decided it would be easier to
go barefoot and keep up the trims ourselves than to try and find a new farrier
who was as precise as my dad.  Luckily we had found the Renegades.  So far so
good.

It really is a very personal decision on how you decide to treat your horses
feet or your horse in general.  Really it comes down to how is your horse most
comfortable.  We have come across horses who couldn't even bare to stand with
all shoes off at once during an appointment.  Of course these horses had
underlying issues and were not competition horses.  Mostly they were someones
grossly obese lamanitic pasture pet.  I think that in endurance our ultimate
goal is to make our partners as comfortable as possible so we can travel with
them for as long as possible.  If my horse were to become uncomfortable without
shoes I would put them back on not make him suffer because I think it is better
for him.  He does make it quit apparent when he is unhappy and something is
bugging him.  So far he is very happy in his boots.

Alexa Campbell