[RC] Mongol Derby - Tom Sites

Hello,  I hope you all take the time to read about the Mongol Derby on the front page of RC, being run this summer with a distance of 1000 miles using 800 Mongol Ponies at staging areas every 25 miles.

This race has hit a raw nerve for me and i see it as a disaster waiting to happen.  CuChullaine O'Reilly of the Long Riders Guild, has put a lot of research into the article on his website and i hope you all take the time to study the quotes of the organizer of the race.  It reminds me of the Ride Manager at Catoosa when asked what about dead horses and he said..."I got a back hoe".  8 horses suffered that fate during the 25 mile race and no one will ever know how many others died on their way home.  The world does not need another day of Endurance Infamy or another Catoosa.

If you find it within yourself sign the petition to stop this race for the benefit of these 800 horses please do.

Thank You,

tom sites