Re: [RC] re: sponge leash - Truman Prevatt

Title: “I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience
A wet sponge will compress quite nicely. If you use nylon cord or if you use Teddy's biothane strap, simply wrap the strap or cord tightly around the sponge and tie it off. the extra buckle on Teddy's strap works great for that. Attach to saddle. Now all you have is what appears to be a ball of twine not much bigger than a grapefruit on your saddle. No cord hanging to get caught up in the brush.

Then if you are good and have wound it correctly, hold it and flip it out and pop it back with the sponge soaked with water just like a yo-yo.

Truman

PS: It is always better to wet the sponge first so it will compress nicely.

Cindy Collins wrote:
On all things related to sponging, I defer to my "mentor" Angie McGhee, but I did see a really neat sponge leash that Running Bear sells when Teddy was here in Cody:

Accessory Strap - 6 foot - "Sponge Leash":

    * 6 foot BioThane strap with heavy duty snap at one end, buckle on other to attach sponge.
    * Center ring to keep long loop out of your way by slipping sponge snap through ring and then snapping to your saddle dee or ring.
    * Extra snap included to "tie-up" your sponge.

http://store.runningbear.com/catalog/display.php