[RC] Update on my mare - Laurie Hilyard

For those of you who asked about the resolution with my mare - she and her buddy are now in a drylot during the day.  She no longer is lying down more than normal.  I do still allow her to graze at night, and she is completely off concentrates.  She has continued to improve every day, and tonight when the neighbor slammed a car door right after she was turned out, she galloped off, circled around, trotted back and flipped her nose.  She is obviously feeling tons better.  Her feet never did get warmer than her pasture mates.  They both have dropped a little weight and look better, although she still has the fat pads over her eyes, the cresty neck, and the fat at the tail head.

Tomorrow we will be setting the poles to reduce the pasture size from 7.5 acres to about 2.5 acres.  Thanks to this site for directing me in the right direction!  The vet says we're managing things more correctly now.

Laurie in Clare, MI