[RC] Hives - Linda Winkel

My 9 year old gelding has developed hives the last two years. They start in the spring time then leave in the fall. I had thought they were mosquito related until I got the results back from the allergy testing. It now appears he is allergic to most grasses, hay and everything but the kitchen sink. He gets hives so bad it is impossible to ride him and I will not inject him with Dex for fear of other damage to his body.
Has anyone tried the allergy vaccines that they custom make for each horse? That is my next step. I am beginning to think though that he is having a reaction to the Bahia at this time of year. In the winter he is only allowed out to graze for a few hours every afternoon. Whereas this time of year the is out all day.. So is it possible that he is getting too much Bahia which he is allergic to according to the test.
I am making him stay off of the Bahia the next couple of days to see if that clears him up.. he will not be happy about this at all.
Anyone else had similar problems??

Linda