To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:48 AM
Subject: [RC] CA State Parks; what I found out

Management accounting is REALLLLLLLY hard if you have a complicated "business" structure like and entire state's economy with all its interrelated elements. There may be some substantial "unintended consequences" associated with closing the parks. Politicians are really good at missing those.

The state would do better to try to figure out ways to cut the expenses of operating the parks without closing them...or to charge more for people to use them, so they become bigger revenue generators.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)