[RC] yet another GPS question - Coles

Howdy folks.

So, now that my Timex Speed and Distance watch is kapoots, I am in the market for a new GPS.  Which makes me wonder why I think I need to have a GPS... is it cause I think the RM's are wrong and my butt can tell if I am at mile 21????  Or is it cause I am now riding a new horse that has half the ground covering trot of my old fellow and it feels like mile 14 should really be mile 28???

Anyway....  I have been looking at the Garmin 305.  I don't reeallllllyyy need a heart monitor aspect as I have a Polar Tec already, but I suppose it could come in handy if my monitor dies.

Or, should I just go for the 205?  I have been trying to find out if the GPS software is the same in both, but I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Recommendations???  What does the National Team use?

Jeff and Donna Lee Cole
Turning Point Stables
Browns Flat, NB