[RC] THIS is a starved horse - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok....so that we all know what I consider skinny.  I do agree, that Angie's new horse is skinny....he is not what I call "starved" though.   This is of the little 2 yr. old arab mare that was the first one of the group of starved arabs that I turned into authorities, and helped rescue 5 horses of the herd.  The vet estimated her at about 400 lbs.  This herd started out at about 26 horses, at least one herd stallion, and the rest mares and babies.  Of that 26, only 12 horses survived, the others died, or were shot.  This mare, who was named Twiggy, was tied to a tree and left to die.  She has not been adopted, and is doing fine, but just running on pasture and not being trained.  She is still at the animal control property.  I took one horse, and a friend of mine took two others.  Booger, is one of these horses, in fact he was the stallion.  He is a very pretty GELDING now, who has done a little over 400 endurance miles.  He was almost this skinny when he was rescued, but not as bad.

Check out SKINNY:

Jody