RE: [RC] GPS watch battery - Kristen A Fisher

I changed my HRM Battery once and it worked OK - I think I must have been lucky. I changed it a second time and couldn't even get it to come on. I bought a new watch the next day at the ride :(

Kristen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Coles
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:07 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] GPS watch battery

I changed the battery in my Timex Speed and Distance watch the other day and now it won't work!   The transmitter works fine.  The brochure says to take it to a jeweler to have the batty changed but I had the tools myself to undo the screws and get at the battery.

A friend of mine said that the same thing happened to her a few years back.

Anyone have any suggestions???  Is this a common complaint?  How do I know when I buy a watch how much battery life will be left?  I'm certainly not interested in this happening again!

DL

Jeff and Donna Lee Cole
Turning Point Stables
Browns Flat, NB