[RC] part 4(final:) Cindy's Longstreet's Charge 50 - Cindy Collins

continued-
As I said earlier, the awards were amazing.  There were blankets or coolers for top 10 in both distances, t-shirts for everyone who completed the trail and lots of smaller prizes.  Get Angie to put up a photo of the new perpetual trophy for first place in the 50 miler!

I learned two profound things… 1) I REALLY hate ticks; and 2) These women don’t ever need to pee!!!!  The women I ride with in Wyoming do have to pee on the trail.  These “belles” NEVER stopped to pee the entire day.  I, on the other hand, had to stop twice!  Either I’m doing something wrong or THEY are going to have seriously damaged bladders when they are my age J

I didn’t get to ride with Joni or Josie cause they were much faster on that day than I wanted to go.  Joni finished 4th and Josie finished 6th.  I didn’t get to ride with Jody cause she didn’t get to ride, BUT she was the “enforcer” *itch for the cavalry division and struck terror in the hearts of all as she lurked behind bushes spying on riders.

There were so many wonderful people that I hesitate to start naming names, but I will say that it was an honor to finally meet the beloved vet, Otis.  I’d heard so much about him from SE riders.  It was great to see Susan Kassemeyer and Danny Herlong after so many years.  It was also wonderful to see Debbie Parsons, again.  She was one of our Tevis refugees at the BigHorn 100 miler last year.

Sunday morning we started driving west and flew out of Little Rock, AR on Monday. Back to school on Tuesday for me and Keith headed back to his job on Wednesday.

Jody, Angie and I all agree that one trip was just not enough.  I really want to go back and spend time just visiting and pleasure riding with them.  I want to see Jody’s mules and ride Angie’s Kaboot.  I want more time to visit their homes and see all the sights we missed along the way.  Thank you to everyone that made us feel so welcomed and who helped put on such a fabulous ride.  I hope we can lure a few of you out to the BigHorn some day.  Thank you, a thousand times, to Angie for inviting us out and for trusting me with “7.”
Cindy

P.S.  Please get Angie to tell you all about the lady with the "snake-bit dog" and the man who tried his “foolishness” on her J