[RC] Horse runs through electric fence - follow up - Coles

Well, many thanks to you all who have tried to help me with the Little Witch who had learnt to run through the electric fence.

It was actually more of a "Hummmm  this doesn't really hurt when I stick my head under the bottom wire and lift it with my mane..." scenario, that progressed to "...if I push hard enough on these new thick polybraid ropes the whole friggin fence post will fall down..."

Well, I FINALLY convinced my husband (after two years of trying) that we needed to move our fencer to the garage and the ground rod to the muck pond!  After spending hundreds of dollars on new fencers and wire, and poly rope, and polybraid, and insulators, and and and...  In my books the definition of stupid is to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results!

So we did that today.

 OMG!  The Wife was RIGHT!!!!!

I laughed with glee as the Little Witch went to rub her neck on the fence and I heard the snap from about 50 feet away!  She bounced back with a most surprised and wounded _expression_ on her face and stood there and shook her head for about 30 seconds.

Then later I heard another huge snap and a spray of dirt as she took off!

The true test will be tonight.  If she is still in the pasture in the morning it'll be "Drinks on the House!"

Jeff and Donna Lee Cole
Turning Point Stables
Browns Flat, NB