Re: [RC] Longstreet Entry/directions - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

FYI, if you are talking about the small country in South America, it is
spelled Colombia.

Aw, gimme a break Kat, I've had a hard weekend. I and some VERY loyal friends
marked trail for 9 hours Sat, about 8 miles of that on foot, because the
weather man said it was going to storm all day and we figured it would be best
to have a jeep to jump into when it hit. I didn't get rained on...but Bill &
Josie got soaked climbing the side with a chainsaw. Then yesterday I loaded up
a horse in pouring rain, after looking at a weather map that only had a couple
of tiny green spots on it and a forecast that said it would clear off at 9 AM.
Instead it poured the entire hour drive to the ride site, then rained all day
while a cold front blew in that FROZE us in 3 times the clothes we'd worn the
day before. My fingers were numb and I climbed the entire mountain on foot
because so many limbs had blown down on the trail in the high winds (even
though the chainsaw crew just went through 2 weeks ago) that I needed to be
tossing limbs. I ended up doing around 7 miles on foot yesterday including
climbing the entire mountain on a goat trail that I had better not hear anyone
say their horse can't do when a 48 year old beat down ride manager can do it in
the rain! Took us another nine hours to mark 12 miles of trail. I HAVE TOTAL
CONTEMPT FOR THE WEATHER MAN TODAY EVEN IF HE WENT TO COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY. If I
can spell my name today I'm happy. :-P By the way, it's GORGEOUS outside today.

P.S. Cindy's doing Longstreet this year...you're next. :-)

P.S.S. I plan to appear on Oprah pushing the "Ride Management Diet". Bill & I
have each lost 5 lbs. in the last couple of weeks.

Angie