[RC] Glue-on Boots - Chris Martin

This is in response to the Glue on Shoes...? I have tried to do that for years and have had very limited success, maybe a day or two of hard training..? I have used and like the GC shoes, would not of done Tevis without them.? I am not a barefoot fanatic but I do like my horses barefoot.? I actually did a 50 mile ride barefoot without a problem.? If I were not doing endurance, I guess I should say, If my horse was mot doing endurance I would never consider shoes...at least with this particular horse.? I do realize that some horses don't do that well...

I have had great success with the Glue-On boots from EasyCare using "Goober Glue" in the application.? This glue allows me to pull the boots off and re install them whenever I want.? I typically put the boots on a week before the ride, do the race, and then leave them on for another week or two to get one more training ride.? Longest is 3 weeks, by that time he is need of a trim anyway.? The boots come off easy, once the seal is broken and clean up in a couple minutes each.? I will use my old race boots, which have a ton of life, for training boots, or put gaiters on them and use them in training..??

Goober Glue is a one part fast set polyurethane glue that does not require any special gun, it is $15, or 3 for $12 a tube for a 300ML which could do up to 8 boots, if you don't fill hoof cavities.? The glue is a very soft and rubbery adhesive that will set in about 30 minutes and cure in 24 hours...?

Lots of information of my blog link below, and even more pictures on the picasa webtack link.

The only boot modifications I make are to roll the toe on the front boots with a hoof rasp.

My training has changed dramatically over the years, probably because of my age, but I tend to do more intense longer works but not so many.? These boots have allowed me to go faster and longer on terrain that I would have never even considered using steel shoes.? I love the concussion that these boots offer, I have at least a 1/2" of rubber hitting the ground sucking up all that concussion.? At $92 for 4 boots they end up being cheaper then steel for me, maybe not for some who can't or won't do their work..

--
Chris Martin
1-888-823-1737 ?Toll free, follows cell phone

http://feiredhorse.blogspot.com/