RE: [RC] Concentrations specified (was: Thoughts on Science) -Terry Banister - Terry Banister

OK, whatever. This thread is the first time it has been brought up that oats and rice bran might be "illegal" at a competition. That is fine with me, but I don't care to spend the time it takes to come to these conclusions. Now I just want a LIST of LEGAL PRODUCTS that are OK to feed within 96 hours of competition. I would like AERC to publish this list of products they have approved. Since hay is the most important feed the horse needs to ingest, the supplements are mostly an appatite stimulus for my horse, and I am sure he would be fine with most anything (other than his plain ol' beet pulp), if it has some carrots in it.

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"

From: sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Concentrations specified (was: Thoughts on Science) - Terry Banister
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 22:22:40 -0700

Is the new testing by USEF (that is the organization AERC is contracting with to do the testing now, tight?) going to be more accurate and find lower levels of drugs now?

Kathy

Terry said:
Hmmmm, I feed my horse, and he has been tested at least three times in the past few years of AERC competition (he pees to a whistle)- without anything showing positive. I may have even been feeding rice bran and oats at the time.  So have a gazillion other AERC competitors been tested without anything showing up.  . . . (??)