Re: [RC] Guns with Blanks - Keith W. Kibler

Diane
Excellent point you made Diane. I will go one further step with it. The actions of what has been suggested here is not only assault, it is felony assault because
of the fact that a weapon is involved. All states can be different, but essentially, you can use force or the threat of force to defend yourself or others to the point
that is reasonable for the threat that is objectively appropriate. In other words, if someone threatens to punch you, you can defend yourself. You can not use deadly force to stop trespass or insult.
If the other person is your 97 year old feeble next door neighbor and they threaten to punch you and you shoot them, are going to find yourself in criminal court.
If that person threatening you is someone that you could reasonably believe could kill you by what you reasonably believe is coming immediately after the
threat, then you will have a chance of winning (after a very costly and life changing experience with the court system, lets start by saying the attorney fees
will be at least $10,000 before you are done). Some people do not do well with the stress of being in the criminal system so take that into account.
When not scooping poop or conditioning horses I make my living arguing for people in situations where there freedom is at stake. I also am a gun guy and
frequently carry a pistol with me when I am on a horse. I have never pulled it on anyone. If I do, I will show it first. If that does not work, and leaving is not
an option,which will be my very first choice, I will use the gun. But, I will only do that if I or mine are threatened in such a way to make it necessary.
All of the talk here of shooting a paint gun, or an air gun, or blanks or an empty gun, is horribly terribly wrong and a recipe for a tragic, life changing mistake.
Keith
( a bill is on the way for everyone reading this, that should pay for the hay delivery I am going to go pickup before the trail work out this morning ) :-$