Re: [RC] Purple Flowers - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Maybe it's not the color but the scent.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This purple flower thread makes you wonder how a horse sees purple flowers.  Maybe the color is intense, or it is exceptionally bright or....who knows what....or how a horse sees them.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 7:45 PM
Subject: [RC] Purple Flowers

Oh, thank goodness.  I always thought Alpine was just a twit.  He always spooks at the purple flowers.  Actually, I thought perhaps I was insane because I thought my horse was afraid of purple flowers, but it's not just me!  You have no idea how much better that makes me feel.

I have spent more than one ride yelling "it's just a stupid FLOWER".

Juli and the Herd

Alpine (who is colicky tonight, and the vet is on her way.  Sigh….)

Merlin (who is enjoying a nice night in his stall eating hay instead of being pastured because Alpine is colicky and the vet is on her way, mainly because he is a PEST and will bug me, Alpine, the vet, and anyone and everyone else)

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Go Ball State University Cardinals"