Re: [RC] Yucca - Kathy Mayeda

This reminds me of a conversation with an older QH owner about joint
supplements.  When I mentioned the ban on yucca for AERC rides, she
was aghast and said that she never would stop giving her horses MSM
and yucca.  I mentioned that maybe her horse isn't an endurance
candidate anyway.  The light bulb went on, and she says "yeah, I guess
you're right about that."

At that point I realized that here I am scanning all the labels for
those ingredients so I won't buy them, and then realizing that since
Beau is retired it doesn't really matter or not he gets any yucca or
MSM in him!

When we were competing regularly, it was part or my regular routine to
scan ingredients of EVERYTHING.  Not only from a banned substance
viewpoint, but from a half-baked education viewpoint of nutrition.  It
really isn't that difficult to avoid these things so I don't think
there is any reason to change the AERC rules.  KISS, people.

K.