[RC] 2WD vs 4WD - thanks! - Jennifer Fleet

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who responded to my question re: whether to get a 4wd or 2wd tow vehicle.  The vast majority of you said 2wd has worked just fine for them, and is sometimes preferable for towing (lower repair bills, better mileage, higher towing capacity) and a few of you said you wouldn't be without your 4wd.  I think most of these were folks living where the weather gets quity nasty.

I should have clarified that I live in central California and do not ever plan on hauling through snow or ice.   At this point, I'm getting be quite the fair weather rider, so I probably won't even end up in basecamp at a ride where it's been raining all weekend....I'll be home!  LOL

We went ahead and purchased a 2007 GMC Yukon 5.3L V8 (this is equal to the Chevy Tahoe 1500).  I will be adding the engine and transmission oil coolers and will of course use a weight distributing hitch.  This vehicle is rated to two 7,300 lbs but I will make sure to be nowhere near that.

Now, I just need to find a nice used 2-horse trailer that weighs somwhere around 2,000 to 3,500 lbs.    I know they're out there!

Thanks all,
Jennifer