Re: [RC] Pan Americano - Part 4 - Team Effort - Carla Richardson

Thank you, Steph, for all the coverage.? You and Merri always do such a great job, and I love reading all the "roving reporters" notes.? It's like reading someone's diary.? So interesting to read about endurance in other countries, especially in an event like the Pan American, in Uruguay!?
?
I saw the article the other day about the?Guatemala team. ?I was so impressed that they did so well, such a young team, new to endurance, to place so high in the Pan American.? Congratulations to the Guatemalan team!? I was lucky enough to visit Guatemala in 1973, traveling all around Lago de Atitlan (hope I spelled that right) it was so beautiful, surrounded by dormant volcanos... a few years later, those "dormant" volcanos erupted and I have heard that the lake has a different look, now.? I'm sure glad I got to see it, would love to go back some day to that beautiful country.? We?camped?in Tikal and climbed all over the temples, watching toucan birds and monkeys chattering in the tree canopy?high overhead.? What a great trip that was.? I remember how friendly and gracious the people were,?they helped?make the trip so memorable.
?
Carla Richardson
Colorado