[RC] note of thanks from Char Antuzzi - Kathie Ford

Hello Ridecampers and fellow local endurance riders.

I'm writing this little note for my friend Char Antuzzi. She was hurt during a local endurance ride on Saturday. The American River ride. She was riding one of Frank Smiths wonderful mules, Raptor.

Had done well and was enjoying the day until she and Raptor were moved off the the side of the trail (bottom of cardiac switchback) to get a bite of grass to eat when another mule whirled around and kicked out throwing its young rider to the ground as well. Char was kicked and her knee cap has been shattered in four pieces. She was released from the hospital yesterday. Swelling is significant so they have to wait until it goes down to proceed treatment.

While resting Char has asked that I email on ridecamp or otherwise to give heart felt THANK YOU'S to all who helped her that day. Fellow friends and even strangers that helped her. The men that got her off the saddle, the folks helping offer water etc, helping to "shield" her while she put short on because "your not going to cut my tights off!!"" LOL.

She very much especially appreciated the female rider on the bay or black horse that came in and told that she was hurt and needed help because that put into play getting her back and help as needed. She is VERY appreciative of that effort. So if anyone knows that rider she'd like to thank her very very much.  Maybe someone on RC knows her? She thought the gal was riding in the 70 but not sure.

She doesn't remember who the men were who got her out of the saddle but would like to thank them too very much. Thanks also to her mom getting Raptor home safe, to Joanie and Frank for their care and support, to ride management for caring etc. She is greatful to all of you!

If anyone would like to send cards, get well thoughts, prayers they may send them to her address:
                   Char Antuzzi
                   370 Weimar Crossing Road
                   Colfax. Ca.  95713

Thanks all!

Love Char,
via kathie

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.