Re: [RC] rate him - Elizabeth Walker

There are so many ways a horse can get hurt, get a twist, colic, etc., that focusing on "maybe he has worm damage" doesn't seem productive. I have to agree with Angie - good early care is certainly a plus, but just because a horse is thin doesn't mean he should be discounted.

Life doesn't come with guarantees - I bought Caisson because he moved well, had great feet and good angles - really nice conformation. My farrier loves his feet and his pastern angles. My old horse was predisposed to long toe/low heel, and gave my farrier fits trying to keep his angles up. First thing I noticed about Caisson was his really great feet and perfect pastern angles.....

Guess what - he got diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with "chronically enlarged suspensory branches" of both front legs. Not a strain - it is a chronic condition that indicates this horse - vet's couldn't give me a reason, as they don't know - can't handle the stress of endurance, and the miles of training to get to a ride.

So - no guarantees. I say - if you like the horse, and click, then buy him.