[RC] Fwd: PanAm Departure again - John Teeter

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kyle Gibbon <endurok16@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: PanAm Departure again

Steve, Dinah, Kathy, Becky, Jim, and I flew out of Montevideo at 9 p.m. We arrived in Miami, FL at 5 a.m. this morning. It is now about 8:00. We will take another flight to Jacksonville in about half an hour. Kathy will not get back to Maine until 9 p.m. tonight. Becky and some of the other members of our team also have rather long trips back home. It is all worth it though. The horses will fly out of Montevideo, Uruguay on Monday at 6 a.m. I'm sure they will be quite happy to be rolling in their pastures again!

Before we went to the airport, we toured some of Montevideo. We found a very interesting tack shop called "Los Barrales" It was very fancy. It had many antique gaucho crops, saddles, stirrups, etc. It was all very unique tack. Dinah bought a braided necklace and I got some Uruguayan belts. They are made from a unique animal native to the area called "Chaibata" I believe. ?Soon after we got downtown we found a nice little place to eat. Our meals consisted of chicken, cream of celery and asparagus soups, hake (fish), fried banana, etc. We saw some interesting things on the streets such as small horse drawn wagons going through the city. There were even jugglers and people on stilts performing for cars as they were stopped at red lights. It was very entertaining!

Eventually we made our way to the beach front. Tons of people everywhere! They were running, biking, roller blading, and many were playing soccer or "futbol". The Montevideo shoreline is beautiful. It is plentiful with palm trees and a rather rocky shore