[RC] Stirrups - yes I may know the ones - Sheila_Larsen

Ok I haven't seen a separate device like you may be describing  but I did
have a pair of stirrups that helped my knees and back.  I will described
them in case this is what you remember.   The ones I had were made of
plastic and  western in style (but could be used with an english leathers)
with a very (repeat very) stiff rubber donut at the top.  I had serious
knee and back problems at the time and these stirrups worked wonders.  Now
the problem is that for the life of me I can't remember the name but I
haven't seen them advertised anywhere in many many years.   The one problem
with them was that for me the rubber donut addition made the stirrupps
rather tall and as I have a small foot when I got tired sometimes the top
of the stirrup would hit my shin.  I asked around and no one but me ever
seemed to have that problem.  However, as I stated I haven't seen them for
many many years.

An alternative you might try are some stirrup leather (assuming you are
using leathers and aren't in a saddle with fenders) that I bought from the
Synergist saddle folks.  They are leather but seem to have a little more
give than normal leathers.  I used a pair for years and they didn't stretch
out as I expected them to do because of the extra give they they have.
They weren't cheap but I like them.

The wide stirrups that most people use for endurance may help your knees
and back if you aren't currently using those.

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.”  Mark Twain

לjjbzĝ۫jw5a0zwnzw"wfϢX8rV
0zwnzwyƦ+mԞ˛mm۫jw'^qZ vx'F'^I