[RC] Rate him - sherman

Title: Message
My vet told me a few years ago that one of the reason that horses live longer now is due to early parasite treatment, that the first few months was the most important to keep the intestinal tract from becoming compromised and leading to predisposition to colic as teenagers. That said, I wouldn't turn down a horse that I wanted just because he might be compromised later in life. Most horse owners have only recently learned about the proper treatment for encysted small stronglyes, so lots of horses out there are compromised and may have problems due to that too. Same with mustangs, no early parasite care, yet most can live healthy and productive lives when captured and trained properly, right? And even with the best of care they will still colic, shatter a leg running and playing in pasture, or hurt themselves a thousand other ways (:>)

Kathy

Donna asked:
With all said, what about worms? 8 years can cause alot of damage.  Check out statistics on mesenteric artery rupture.