[RC] Thursday morning - Uruguay - Steph Teeter

notes from Kathy:

From: Kathy Brunjes <brunjesk@xxxxxxxxx>

it´s 5:45 and I´m waiting for Kyle, Tom, Cheryl and Mary for the trip out to the stables.? Coffee is served to me and I am really glad this morning...a little too much vino last night with everyone at dinner...a traditional (per Flavia) Uruguay bbq - Cia & Sue, remember the bbqs in Spain with all body organs included in the mix - even blood sausages.....!!! lots of grilled veggies and lots of meat.? Lots of meat.? For the faint-hearted, there was some chicken thrown in and a really good sausage made of beef and pork.? We all gathered in the common dining area for this feast.

Becky went over the Chef´s meeting she attended earlier and then we broke into crewing-rider groups to go over some of the details of the actual race day - with me being odd man out, and late, I had a quick tutorial of what´s up and when.? Lots happening today - stable and feed, then walk for 45 minutes, then groom and get ready for our first inspection, then riders get to go out and ride a bit on the beach (escorted) and we get a look at the trail and trail crew sites, then lunch, then riders get to ride again (escorted) and then...well, you all get the picture.? Hectic day before the race stuff.? Got to get myself acquainted with the crew box and crewing items.?

our hotel is like little mini cottages joined in the middle by a common dining area and this lounge with the computer.? Our room-cottage has a tiny bathroom with lots of tiles and a very adequate shower.? Very adequate and lots of hot water - but maybe that´s because I am first man up!

I can hear the rest stirring in the dining area, so off I am to the stables...I can´t wait to see the horses.? Remind me to tell you all about my 6 hours in Buenos Aries and the VIP lounge!!!

later
Kathy