Re: [RC] update on polo horse deaths - Carla Richardson

Truman, you're assuming they were trying to compound Biodyl.? Maybe they weren't.
?
Carla Richardson
Colorado
?
On 4/23/09, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The other part of the law is a compound pharmacies cannot compound a drug that is not approved in the US. This particular drug was not approved by the FDA. Hence they are screwed either way.

Truman

Carla Richardson wrote:
I wonder if it would matter, concerning patent law violation, in this case.? I know nothing about patent law or law regarding compounding drugs.? But, in this case the team vet apparently?took his list of ingredients to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacy to make this up for him.? If he did not specifically tell the pharmacist what he was trying to duplicate,?for example, "Please make me a copy of Biodyl," do you think the pharmacy is in violation of the law?? If it was just a? list of ingredients that the vet gave the pharmacy, would that make a difference legally?? (I don't know why I even care)
?
Anyway, it was the?wrong dosage of one of the ingredients?that caused the problem.? If the dosage hadn't been messed up, we wouldn't be talking about this today, I'm presuming.
?
It will be interesting to find out what happens.? I feel very badly for the poor?person who made the error, in the formulation, I sure would not want to be in that position right now.? Or in?the team vet's position, either.? Unintended consequences.
?
Carla Richardson
Colorado
?