[RC] headed south... - Steph Teeter

waaay south!

Tomorrow morning I have an early flight to Los Angeles, grab the luggage then transfer to the Int'l terminal and fly to Santiago, Chile (a 20 hour flight with a touch-down in Lima, Peru for refueling). Grab the luggage again, transfer to another plane headed for Montevideo, Uruguay - just in time to catch the vetting in at the Pan American Championship. Besides the actual PAC riders - Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, USA, Canada, there are several who will be entering the open division - Portugal, Spain, Belgium (Leo again!), and Malaysia - the King will be riding, as well as a few other intrepid tropical riders.

I'll hang out in Uruguay for a few days, then back to Santiago for a couple days, then - off to the southern-most tip of the Americas - Punta Arenas, Chile. !!! From there I'll be taken to the Torres del Paine National Park, and spend 5 days there and participate in the ride - around the lake, beneath the back drop of the towering peaks, torres, - it's going to be amazing. and COLD. ( Bob and Arlene Morris rode down there several years back and have some tales to tell of the wind... Bob, maybe you could send a few of your photos to John? I've misplaced the email with the photos you sent me earlier. ) But - I'm packing warm clothes and am up for it! A couple of local (Idaho) riders are going as well - Laura and Gentry Yost - I'll see them down there. Plus friends from Chile.

It's springtime here in Oreana - and soooo hard to leave. But back when the winds were howling and winter was beckoning it sounded like a great idea and I committed to the trip. The Chilean folks are paying my way (http://www.endurancex.cl/ ) with sponsorship from LAN airlines of Chile and really how could I say no???

later-

Steph