[RC] Foxcatcher 2009 - sandra

I had a blast at Foxcatcher, run into a lot of friends, ride with a lot of friends: Jen , Kara, Dawn, Daryl, Steven, Emily…
I think we all have fun, even tough the trails were hard: deep mud in biggest part of the trails, rest was gravel roads and rolling hills.?

The weather was perfect.

Mona Tika was great, always willing to go forward, a little too much at the beginning :-)
She settled down after our 10 minutes hold 12 miles into the 24 miles loop, it ended up to be 27 for a couple of us as we started a part of the trail backward.

But it was a blast to catch up with riders, the horses loved it.

Tika got good recoveries for her 1st ride of the year, I am so happy with her as she just turned 8 last week, she is getting stronger and stronger, what a nice feeling to have a horse picking up a canter on its own at 48 miles (more 51 actually as we did 3 extra miles).

I wanted to congratulate Emily Matthews on her great finish and BC on Spice Tee, and Tracy Reynolds on her win with Navigator in the 50.

Thanks to all the volunteers for their hard work and to the ride management.

Also 2 thumbs up to The Boxwood crew, good spirit everyone!

Sorry that Patty broke her ankle, but her spirit is always good, she is already thinking about riding bareback cause of her cast, crazy girl!

See you all there in 2010, just wish they were still doing a ride in the fall like they used too!

--
"On the back of a horse I feel whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me…
and the chaos within me finds balance"

Know a person with time;
know a horse with distance.