[RC] Meg Wade - Jay Randle

Hi All

Many of you have contacted me to ask where to send cards, etc, for Meg Wade.  I have heard that her hospital room is overflowing with flowers and cards, and that it is unfortunate that she can't as yet know how many people are thinking of her.  Chris has asked that if anyone wants to help in a small way that you make a donation to the Snowy Hydro Southcare Rescue Helicopter service in lieu of sending flowers or cards.  This is the service that airlifted Meg to the hospital.

You are able to make donations on line via their website at:
www . snowyhydrosouthcare . com . au  (remove the spaces)

When making donations you can also give feedback.  This is what one of her friends wrote:

"Your chopper & crew evacuated a fellow endurance horse rider, Meg Wade, who fell from her horse while competing in an 100 km Endurance Ride held at Tumbarumba on Sunday 12/4/09. As a result of the fall, she suffered severe head trauma & was airlifted to Canberra Hospital. She still remains in ICU & we are all hoping & praying that she makes a full & uncomplicated recovery. As Meg herself holds a helicopter pilots licence & has her own helicopter, which she loves to fly, we thought it appropriate to make a
donation to your organisation, instead of sending flowers to her in hospital. As a competitor myself, this type of unfortunate accident could happen to any of us. It is re-assuring to know that your service is only a phone call away to those who might need critical/urgent medical attention & taken to the best place possible."

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

Download it here. The new Windows Live Messenger has landed.