[RC] tight rear muscles and hindend lameness - sherman

Title: Message
Are you supplementing with selenium? Or have you had his selenium level checked to rule that out as an issue? The range of normal for a horse is .05-.50 (very wide range) but endurance horses usually need a level of .25-.3 to keep from getting muscle soreness.  Storm used to have hind end lameness at about 35 miles into a ride, sometimes sooner, eventually he started getting sore on 15 mile conditioning rides. His selenium level was at .092 when I finally had it checked, well within the range of normal for a horse doing normal work, but not high enough for an endurance horse.  He's never had a problem since we started supplementing.

Kathy