[RC] Far A Way Easter Endurance Carnival - Part 2 - Jay Randle

Monday saw another VERY wet day, and we sent out 6 horses in the 85km ride.  Prutirat R Serireongrith rode his lovely big gelding Shardell Prince Ali to 2nd Heavyweight placing, Renae Kuhn rode Splitters Creek Bundy (owned by Catherine McAlpine) to 6th Mwt placing, Clio Rauch rode Shaah, and Kimberley Ryan rode Splendacrest Ulysses to complete well.  Marcia Burger backed up Zulu again, and once again was successful, gaining Marcia her Open Rider qualification (which she was very exciteded by).  It was in this ride that we experience our first Vet Outs of the weekend, with Gerard and Johan both hitting the deck due to the extreme weather conditions!  Strapping all the horses over the weekend was a huge challenge, with periods of torrential rain interspersed with hot sunshine and cold winds!

Beck Forgan (who is visiting from the USA) rode Tumbleweed in his second 40km ride on Monday, and was pleasantly surprised at the potential of this young gelding.  Congratulations must go to Diane Wilson, who completed the three 40km rides over the weekend on her lovely gelding Agecroft Fada.... well done, Diane!  And thanks to your fabulous strapper, Jenny Hall, who came along and helped out all weekend.... thanks soooo much Jenny!!!

Splendacrest rider Angela Head rode the 320km Marathon on Kathryn Priol's lovely mare Emma, and completed their first ever marathon too!!  And then received the Mwt Best Managed Horse award!  Well done to the entire Ra Endurance team, and thanks to Kate Gadsby for giving Angela this opportunity!  And Congratulations to Angela!!

Former Splendacrest rider Amanda Powell completed the Saturday 80km ride in 2nd Lwt position on Sue Crockett's mare, so a big Congratulations to Amanda too!!

The Splendacrest Team was ably supported by a large contingent of strapping crew members, including Sam Dobson, Gitti Stamm, Robert Kuhn, Jenny Hall, Beck Forgan, Johan de Bruto, Steph Tulk, Kimberley Ryan, and of course Shane Hopkins (who is the backbone of the Team).  My thanks to all of you, and to all of the riders who did their very best to make our jobs a lot easier!

The Far A Way Easter Endurance Carnival is only one of several rides that the Far A Way Riders Club hold every year.  This Carnival allows many people to enjoy the benefits of multiple rides over a long weekend, and the Imbil tracks are ideal for Novice and Open horses and riders alike.  A horde of volunteers are the unseen support behind this, and other, events held at Imbil each year, and I'd like to thank everyone who is involved with the Far A Way Riders Club.  The weather conditions over this past weekend were enough to make anyone turn tail and head for home, however there were many volunteers out there in the rain and thick mud all weekend, just to allow us all to have a fabulous Easter Carnival!  Please be assured that your efforts are not un-noticed, and that our grateful thanks is extended to each and every one of you.

Bob Sample is literally a legend in the sport of endurance riding, and his efforts to ensure that we all get to go to this (and other) rides are also legendary.  Thank you Bob, and thanks to all your hard-working committee members too!

And another huge thanks must go to Kristan Kershaw, who stayed home this weekend and fed up all my horses here.

All in all this was a very successful weekend for the Splendacrest Team, and we have all returned home happy and satisfied with the outcome..... well done to all!

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

Let ninemsn property search for you. Need a new place to rent, share or buy?