[RC] doping - oddfarm

Steph wrote,
"One thing that is interesting is that the vets over there are observing an increased incidence of stress fractures. This is the type of injury that was rarely associated with endurance riding in the past - much more common would be soft tissue injury and osteoarthritis. They attribute this to the higher speeds that endurance horses are running at. (flatter groomed courses, better training and management techniques)."

Noooooo, get outta here! Lameness associated with speed? It can't be. I was told they have the best of everything "over there" with all the top vets, equipment and training methods. I was told these horses have been running 8 1/2 hour 100's because of all that fabulous training and management, not drugs. I was told the reason for the low numbers of finishers was because the winners had access to the best of everything. Surely they didn't mean drugs?? Of all people to get caught doping. It has GOT to be an isolated incident.

Oh my, I've been so green with envy, (so I was told) and now this. I feel as if I have been duped.

Lisa Salas, The odd faRm