Re: [RC] Proper Horse Spacing--Kathy Mayeda [was red ribbons] - rides2far

Title: "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong
I think the best way to work on a horse's pacing is go farther than they expect. I figured out that's why Redneck "drunk broke" horses can sometimes be such a pleasure to ride.  The trick is to convince the horse that you are absolutely insane and may not ever stop riding. Thus he learns to drink and pace himself accordingly. :-)

P.S. When my daughter's Welsh cross wanted to ride breathing down my neck (riding in front of him on another pony) I started carrying a dressage whip and simply taking a quick swipe (low not to hit eyes) behind me now and then. He learned to be wary of riders ahead of him.

Angie McGhee

Free information on accounting careers, $150 hour potential. Click Now!