[RC] [RE RC] Garmin Forerunner 305 - Angie Mikkelson - Roger Rittenhouse

[RC] Garmin Forerunner 305 - Angie Mikkelson
Does anyone use one of these and successfully get the heart monitor strap to
work
consistently, not fall off and not rub your horse?  I know Vmax makes some
attachments that change it to work with their lead system but I would rather use
it as is if I can so the strap stays on the horse when I unsaddle.  I've had
similar straps before that would consistently fall off or they wouldn't work
unless the girth was really tight, of course that was probably 8 years ago so
I'm
hoping things have changed...

Thanks- Angie Mikkelson

Response
Thus the reason why I ( V-MAX) never offered a belt system for riding  under the
saddle.

I could never get any belt on system to function very well for me.  Placing the
$50 transmitter in the girth on on a belt  'may' work for some but most of the
time they move, rub the horse or fall out. Most of the time the G301/G305
transmitter will not work well in the girth. These transmitters are very very
sensitive to movement and contact. ANY motion will cause artifact and no
reading.

My electrode/wire system while not perfect, does work almost all the time.    I
get a few moments of no readings or erratic readings from time to time. But once
I get the electrodes in a place where they have solid contact with no motion, I
get good consistent reading.

If I could develop a strap on system (low cost) that worked well for me I would
sell it :)

A few riders have bought a spare Garmin transmitter  and use it on the VC either
on the handle or on a belt. ( I used the belt in the VC). Please note the G301
is different then the G305  they are  not compatible.

Roger Rittenhouse
V-MAX