RE: [RC] since we're on the subject... - following / leading - Rae Callaway/Carrie - Carrie Kitley

Oh Rae, you just described my horse 3 years ago! I almost gave up too, it was just not fun
to ride like that.  Your advice about being patient and working with your
horse is probably the best if not the ONLY way to go with horses like this.
I'm so grateful that I didn't give up after all because I finally have the
horse I've always wanted and we've become best friends after everything
we worked thru together.  Good advice.
On that note, I didn't canter, gallop, or even extend a trot with her
the whole first year. She seriously needed to learn how to WALK and that
you don't have to run EVERYWHERE!  :) She was probably a bit nervous too
as her previous owner had her for 7 years.
Carrie

Rae said: My philosophy - there are no short cuts for training.  Be patient and work
with your horse.  You'll get there.

Rae

~Carrie  ~~___(\
                              // \\

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."
~ Old Arabian Proverb